[OM] Excitement building, part 2

Subject: [OM] Excitement building, part 2
From: Ken N <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:42:33 -0700 (PDT)
As you may recall, I had mentioned that I was getting a 135/3.5
from our resident enabler.  Well, it arrived.

Tom's description:  LNB, clean glass, etc.

Well, I don't like to be sold a bum steer so I'm going to voice
my displeasure.

THE BOX HAD A FINGERPRINT ON IT!

Seriously, now.  The lens is straight out of the factory clean.
Absolutely no flaws or usage marks of any kind.  In fact, this
lens has been unused so long that the mount is tight!  It did
have a cheap skylight filter on it, but Tom probably mounted
that on as a bonus.  My OM-2S put its first faint rub mark on
the lens mount.

Well, he had also sent a Shoe-2 for my friend with the OM-1md
that took a drop to the floor with a mounted flash thanks to his
three-year-old daughter (yes, the same girl with the perfect
pictures).  We clipped the second pin and put it on the OM-1md.
Works just fine.

I'm shooting a portrait session this evening which I'll give the
135/3.5 a workout, but my friend has expressed great interest in
the lens.  Since he needs it more than I do, and Tom's price was
so reasonable, I may just let him have this one.  Besides, this
one is a black-nosed lens, and we ALL KNOW that I ONLY use
silver-nosed lenses.  (Tom might have a silver-nosed one)
<smile>

I was suprised at how much bigger the 135/3.5 was than the
100/2.8.

Thanks, Tom.  YOU DA MAN!  Now I just need to pay you...

Ken N.