Re: [OM] Ansel Adams exhibit

Subject: Re: [OM] Ansel Adams exhibit
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 11:57:14 -0700
Thank you for posting this...I had meant to and now don't need to ;-). I
only met the man once many years ago as a wee teen in Monterey. I was
just starting out in photography and my teacher's father was a local
photographer who made arrangements for me to get a tour of him lab,
vault, etc. at his home in Carmel Highlands. My granfather was the
forest service ranger who helped Adams in Carlsbad Caverns (and also
some at Yosemite when he was head ranger at Glacier Point but not so
much there) so I had heard of this great photographer throughout my
childhood. Suffice to say he is one of my all time favorites and I will
definately make it up to see this exhibit soon. (Nice and close to
PacBell ballpark to take in a Giants game too.) An aside to this topic
I'll toss out this link of some great motorsports work I recently got
from a motorsports photography mail list I belong to:
http://www.klemcoll.com/page4.html Some really great work to feast your
eyes on (but nothing like seeing some of Ansel Adams' best prints on
display).

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com