[OM] Winder 2 Problem

Subject: [OM] Winder 2 Problem
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 14:23:53 -0600
I'm having problems with one of my winder 2's.  Here's what's happening:

1.  Press the trigger.  Shutter (OM-4) fires.  Winder "winds" but not
quite all the way to the next frame.  Push film advance lever about 1/4th
the way to complete the cycle.

2.  Remove that winder, and replace it with my other one.  Press the
trigger.  All works just fine.

3.  Remove second winder, and re-install the first one.  Take batteries
out of second winder and put them in first winder.  Try again.  Same
thing...  winder doesn't quite cycle fully and I have to push the film
advance lever just a bit to finish the cycle.

4.  Take both winders and try them on my OM-2.  Both work fine,
although the first winder does sound a wee bit "sluggish."

I repeated the above with several sets of batteries, just to rule-out that
possibility.  The results were the same...  the one winder is "sluggish"
and doesn't quite wanna do the job.  Oh, yeah, one last thing...  I
checked the contacts (both on the battery holder and inside the winder),
and they appear to be okay.

Ideas?  Fixes?

Thanks, in advance, for any help offered!

Regards,

Chris

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca