Re: [OM] OM2000 in Retrospect vs. OM-2S, etc?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2000 in Retrospect vs. OM-2S, etc?
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 16:29:04 EDT
In a message dated 8/9/01 12:58:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx writes:

> How about every 6 weeks? That's how long my 1st set lasted! No joke! Used
>  T-32, and T-10 ringflash quite a few times. Used the OM-2S quite a lot,
but
>  went to the camera one day and they were dead, dead, dead.

Well, considering you used flash a lot, and left the batteries in the camera,
that works out to about $1 U.S. a week for batteries, still not bad, really.
I'm getting batteries right up the street for $2.99 U.S. apiece, but know
they can be had much cheaper at Walmart, the internet, etc.  So no, 6 weeks
STILL wouldn't put me off from the OM-2S.

If I used flash a lot, I'd get that red LED flash ready light conversion
done.  I don't, so that conversion can wait until the next CLA.  That just
might have made a MAJOR difference in the lifespan of your first set of
batteries, not to mention removing the batteries when the camera is stored (a
good idea for ANY battery-operated device -- just kind of a pain).  And were
they 357 Evereadys?  That would probably help, too.

In contrast, I can't seem to "kill" the battery in my OM-1MD... it just keeps
on ticking... year after year!

Rich