[OM] [OT] ice pack for cool film (was: envy-inspiring field trip)

Subject: [OM] [OT] ice pack for cool film (was: envy-inspiring field trip)
From: Eric Pederson <epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 14:39:16 -0700 (PDT)
> My suggestion is to include a small light weight ice chest with
> removable "ice pack" in your checked luggage. You can pack your
> underwear in it.  When you get settled you can freeze the or at least
> chill the "ice pack" in the community frig. If you take a spare you
> can have one keeping the film cool while the other is chilling.
> Winsor Crosby
> Long Beach, California

This is off topic, but perhaps relevant to the now legendary trip: Why take
an ice pack? What would the advantage be over chilling a rock? Locally
available (I imagine) and greater thermal mass.

Eric Pederson
epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (no "n" in "epederso")
Professional home page:
        http://logos.uoregon.edu/uoling/faculty/pederson/pederson.html