RE: [OM] Films for Palmyra

Subject: RE: [OM] Films for Palmyra
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:01:38 +0200
Hi,

> I think that the experience of a hole as being cool occurs only in
> the temperate zone.  Remember that alligators and turtles bury their
> eggs so that they do not cool off and maintain hatching temperature.

Apart from that, with those coconut crabs running around who would dare to
leave the film (and one's bodyparts ;) ) unguarded... ;)

More seriously though: indeed, heat can do damage to film, nonetheless I've
taken several types of film pretty much to the extreme where heat (and some
other forms of abuse) is concerned, and I can't say I've ever seen film
deterioration because of it...

Do try to store the film in a cool place if possible though, two options:
1-Simply in an always shaded place (I think this should be fine);
2-If you're a brave man, use something _absolutely_ waterproof and store the
film in a special container in the sea. Needless to say, make sure the
container is big and heavy enough that the sea won't easily "swallow" it
(and we all know how "well" humans can defy the forces of the sea, ahum!) :)

Cheers!
Olafo