Re: Was: [OM] eyesight vs. focusing. Is now Varimagni framing

Subject: Re: Was: [OM] eyesight vs. focusing. Is now Varimagni framing
From: Bernd Möller <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:34:43 +0200
Thought about this a little more:

> >- permanently ready to take a picture. Or two. Or stereophotos. -
> >adaptable field of view. Imagine: two fisheyes (in combination with
> >varimagni finders) will allow for birdsight, while two 1000mm's
> >(wideAngle has two of them in stock) will make you a walking
> >observatory. - Strong neck muscles.
> >- Improved composition of photos because framing subjects will from now
> >on be your only way to see the world.
>
> >Any more?
>
> A pair of inverting prisms will allow you to feel like a view camera.

As far as I understand the human viewing system, the brain can adapt to
inverted images. Long time ago in school I learned that an experiment was
carried through, where test persons were fitted with inverting prisms 24hrs a
day. After a while they felt quite comfortable with seeing everything
upside-down. Keep in mind that the upside-down images on the retina also are
converted into what we comprehed to be "right".

I'd better stop here...

A few days ago I played with my new Varimagni finder and found it to be rather
disturbing to frame objects without the camera mounted on a tripod. Can one
imagine using the Varimagni finder on moving objects? I tried this on our
family dog, a very agile member of his species, and hard to focus on. See a
sample here: www.i4.auc.dk/berndm/conny.jpg

Regards

Bernd