Re: [OM] Jaap Korten/Wide Angle Payment Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Jaap Korten/Wide Angle Payment Question
From: Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:19:51 -0700
Hi Rich:

I bought a TTL Connector 4 from Jaap.  I sent him the payment in the
form of cash, and he sent me the connector by return mail.  I couldn't
ask for a better person to deal with.

He indicated to me that I didn't have to send cash, but I would be
responsible for the banking fees, which are apparently outrageous.

It feels weird to send cash to anyone, much less someone you don't have
a working relationship with.

I have made a number of china purchases in the U.K., by the same means.

I guess you need to decide how much you personally would be willing to
lose if the envelope is lost or stolen in transit.  For a big dollar
purchase, I would pay the international banking fees for him, and pay
with an international money order.  I get mine from a local grocery
store.  They've been accepted in Canada and New Zealand, and only cost
me $.50.

Bill Stanke

P.S. Jaap had a nice-sounding 180 mm f/2.8 last time I looked.

Doggre@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Fellow Zuiks,
>
> I am in the process of ordering an item from Jaap at Wide Angle in Holland.
<snip>