Re: [OM] Re: [OT] hearing corn growing??

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] hearing corn growing??
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 23:51:44 -0700
on 8/10/01 7:00 PM, Gregg Iverson at giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> There is a bus tour and a museum/tourist center you can visit today in
> Battle Creek, MI.  The tour of the factory was closed about 25 years
> ago.  They didn't allow photos on the walking tour of the plant when I went
> there as a lad, but the camera (this was before the OM system came out)
> around my neck seemed to go off at just the right moments! ;-)

I remember that tour, though not much about it except that they gave out
Froot Loop sundaes at the end. Kellogs and Post both had major cereal
factories in Battle Creek MI, which is just down the road from Lansing where
I grew up. The factories aren't nearly as busy now, another hit to the
Midwest economy along with the auto industry's ups and downs.
--

Jim Brokaw