Re: [OM] Jaap Korten/Wide Angle Payment Question

Subject: Re: [OM] Jaap Korten/Wide Angle Payment Question
From: Bernd Möller <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 11:53:20 +0200
Hi,

> I am in the process of ordering an item from Jaap at Wide Angle in Holland.
> He indicates that the best way to pay is to send cash in a well-sealed
> envelope.  I am loathe to do this, and would much prefer sending an
> international postal money order.

I don't like to do this either and the Royal Danish Post warns you not to do it
on each of their letter boxes. But with small amounts it would be OK. Just make
shure to use padded envelopes.

> Anyone have advice/recommendations?  Have you done business with Jaap and
> know that an int. m.o. would be O.K.?

It is always the question whether it pays off or not. My bank charges about 5
USD for an international money transfer within Europe, so if you just buy a
small item, shipping and money transfer will be more expensive than the item
itself.

I once bought some flash acessories from Jaap and money transfer from my bank
was working very well.

Regards

Bernd