RE: [OM] Re: ES10 Negative Scanner

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: ES10 Negative Scanner
From: "Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 13:09:41 -0500
Yes.  Don't buy it.

1. Decent enough scans, but nothing outstanding.
2. The scanner software is only supported by W95, W98 with no plans for
upgrade.
3. Mine lasted a year of heavy use when the scan quality got really bad.
Shipped it back to Olympus where they took 3 weeks to fix it.  Got it back
and while the quality is better, I'm still getting scan lines in the files.
 4. They have no provisions for replacements -- the best I can hope for when
I send it back to them for (re)repair is to cut their bench time down to
only a week.
5. As it is not as popular a scanner as ones like the Coolscan or
Sprintscan, 3rd party scanner software makers don't build drivers for the
ES10.  The software supplied is satisfactory, I guess, but I lack experience
with other package for comparison.

I'm unhappy with Olympus right now, as you can imagine.

Dave