Re: [OM] X-Rays and my film....

Subject: Re: [OM] X-Rays and my film....
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 14:54:29 -0700
 > shots are grey and poor and the b&w are definitely
 effected, there's hardly a shot with any black in at
 all, just mucky grey etc.

I normally haven't taken color print film through x-rays, but my
slide films do get nasty D-Max when passed through several
times.  I don't care what THEY say, it does affect slow films
too.  I put all my film in a 1-gallon ziplock bag and have them
hand-check it and if I have time and the line isn't too bad,
I'll hand check the camera.

If the line is bad and the security people are looking frazzled,
I don't bother with the camera, computer or anything--just my
film.  Of course, my camo-covered tripod will get their
attention, but as long as I don't have an NRA hat on, I'm ok.

Ken N.

With all the design to light spectrum that the film companies do I wonder whether they give any effort to making film insensitive to Xray? And are some better than others?
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California