Re: [OM] 1.4X-A teleconverter

Subject: Re: [OM] 1.4X-A teleconverter
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11 Aug 2001 17:17:37 -0700
Went to the post office this morning bright and early and claimed the 1.4X-A
teleconverter.  It looks like new, and the seller even shipped it inside a
Zuiko lens pouch.  I bought it primarily to use with the 400/6.3, maybe rarely
with the 300/4.5.  I don?t have the 250/2 or 350/2.8, I?m sorry to say, and my
180/2.8 isn?t supposed to be compatible with the 1.4X-A because the serial
number is 111xxx, way below 200000, which supposedly divides the ?can use? from
the ?can?t use? lenses.  But the thing fits and everything looks sharp through
the viewfinder, even using the Varimagni finder at 2.5X.  I know the real test
will be when I shoot some film, which I may try to do tomorrow, but what have I
got to lose?

What was the later change in the 180/2.8 all about and is it just wishful
thinking that my ?older? lens and the converter will produce good results?

Walt