Re: [OM] Vibration damping

Subject: Re: [OM] Vibration damping
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 08:50:09 +0800
Theoretical seems true and there was a discussion about this in the pass,
can't remember the general consent, but I found I can always hand
hold a 24mm at 1/15s for portrait with reasonable sharp result but I can
never do it with my 135/2.8 even at 1/30s.

No matter how close you are to the object, your lens' "angle" of coverage
is fixed. The wide angle has much wider coverage than a tele. with a tiny
degree (angular) of movement, it will translate to a higher percentage of
influence in a tele lens.

C.H.Ling