[OM] [OT] Contest - 180/2

Subject: [OM] [OT] Contest - 180/2
From: "c.e.packard" <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 21:41:22 -0500
Well boys and girls,
The auction has ended and the contest is over.
e*ay item# 1261767876.

I'm somewhat surprised the lens didn't find a buyer. I would have
thought collectors and serious hobbyists would have been all over that
lens like....well,... like chocoholics after the last Oreo cookie at a
Weight Watchers meeting. I don't know what that means either, just
popped into my head.

The last bid at the auction's close was $1974.77. Which means that Mark
Hammons with a guess of $2550.00 is the WINNER!! Yeah, Mark!! Take a
bow! Speak a few syllables.

As is becoming tradition with the contest, no winner has ever requested
a roll of film from the host, but the option is yours. What isn't
optional is that you Mark Hammons have the distinct honor and obligation
of hosting the next 'Guess the Closing Bid' contest.

Congratulations,
Charles Packard

P.S. For those of you statistically inclined. Seven entries were
received. Two below $3000.00. the other five below $3500.00. With 500+
list members, a person might think that more members might want to
exercise they pricing skills. Come people lets make Mark feel welcome
and overload his ISP's mail server when he hosts the next episode of
'Guess the Closing Bid'!