Re: [OM] Follow-up: PayPal

Subject: Re: [OM] Follow-up: PayPal
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 09:39:15 -0600
On 12 Aug 2001, at 2:54, Larry wrote:

> Actually, I was looking into this a liitle further on the PayPal site. Here
> is a direct quote from that site:
>
>  International Users: International accounts may only accept payments
>  after they have added a credit card.
>
>  International users in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, New Zealand,
>  the Netherlands and the United Kingdom who have confirmed their control of
>  the credit card associated with their PayPal account may register their
>  local bank
>
>  accounts with PayPal, and may then withdraw funds from their PayPal
>  accounts into their local bank accounts.

Interesting!  Here's what I get when I go into the "withdraw funds"
section:

    "International users who wish to withdraw funds from their PayPal
    accounts must withdraw to a bank account. If you do not already
    have a bank account registered with your PayPal account, the
    "Electronic Funds Transfer" link below will take you through the
    registration process before beginning your withdrawal.

    You may now add a Bank Account from the following countries:
    United States, Canada."

Didn't see anything 'bout bank accounts in other countries.  Of course,
I've already been wrong *once* on this topic, so maybe I'm putting
together a string of errors!  :-)

> So, again it seems pretty feasable for Wide Angle to use PayPal.

Maybe.  But let's be clear 'bout one thing...  It's Jaap's business and his
money, so it's his choice 'bout whether or not he uses PayPal.  Many
folks don't, for a variety of reasons.  Maybe Jaap is one of them?

Regards,

Chris

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca