[OM] OM2S with T32 Flash

Subject: [OM] OM2S with T32 Flash
From: Don <dong357@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 14:10:00 -0500
I have been using an OM2S Program for about six months. I just acquired a T32 flash and am a bit confused about the operation of the flash with the camera.

The manual says to use in the program mode, to set the aperture at the smallest opening and set the mode switch to program on the camera. The camera takes care of everything else. Does this really work? What about shutter speed? I have been skeptical to use any thing other then 1/32 or 1/16. Does the camera pick the shutter speed no matter where it is on the ring?

The manual says to set the mode on the camera to AUTO and set the aperture for auto OTF direct auto mode. There are three aperture numbers that you may choose when you select the film speed on the T32. Which one should you use? Does the aperture that you set on the lens ring have to agree with the one on the T32? When you slide the aperture switch on the T32 there ate detents that can be felt. Does this switch do any thing?

The manual that I downloaded for the OM2S, the Creative Photography with the OM2S and the manual for the T32 leave a lot to be desired in instruction.

I am not a professional photographer, just learning how to take good pictures of family and friends.

I bought the OM2SP after reading a lot about it on this list. I have a OM1 body as well and like them both. Flash pictures have been more difficult for me then available light. I thought the acquisition of the T32 flash would solve most of my flash problems.