[OM] Re: OM 2S was OM 2000

Subject: [OM] Re: OM 2S was OM 2000
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 20:54:10 EDT
Amen to brother Ken N's assessment on the OM 2S.  Took 2 OM 2Ss on recent
trip with 6 month old batteries, ran 25 rolls of film thru them, used flash,
left meter on overnight a couple of times and didn't have a problem.
Although I must admit I haven't used the OM 4 as much as the OM 2S, the OM 2S
is a (for me) a great deal easier to use and gives great results. Let's
assume they ate three sets of batteries a year (which the don't) your
replacement batteries will cost you less than a good roll of film.  If
someone were getting started or moving up the OM ladder, they could probably
get 2 or 3 great OM 2S bodies for what one good 4T or 4Ti body would cost
them.  Maybe the could get an OM 2S and a couple of nice Zuikos for the same
price. If the no longer available circuit board dies on you, keep the dead
one for parts or a great paper weight and buy another one for about what a
CLA would cost on the 4T/Ti.  There are a few whistles and bells on the 4
series and I own one, however I'm not sure the whistles and bells are of
enough benefit to ignore another possible choice in the Olympus line up. Just
one guys opinion.  It is my OM of choice most days.  Bill Barber