[OM] OM1 shutter stuck

Subject: [OM] OM1 shutter stuck
From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:59:41 +0100
Hi. I'm new to the list.

I have an OM1 with a 50mm, 28mm and 100mm Zuiko lenses, bought after my
F3s were stolen. The idea was that the OM1 would be my really reliable
mechanical alternative to our APS happy-snapper.

Two years ago the shutter jammed, and I had it repaired in London for 60
pounds. I didn't use it for 8 months. On my first outing with it the
shutter jammed again after 20 shots. My warranty on the repair had
expired and I have to face repairing, replacing or selling my kit.

I'd like to have a reliable mechanical 35mm SLR, but is an OM1 suitable?
Should I repair my OM1, or get another body (you can get these for the
price of two repairs!).

Thank you for any advice. If repair seems to be an option, and people
know of suitable people in London or the South East (or Johannesburg,
where I will be travelling next week!), I'd be grateful to know.

Thanks!
Rory