Re: [OM] OM2S only does 1/60th, sort of?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2S only does 1/60th, sort of?
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:22:17 -0700
Daniel M. writes:

<< If I have the speed set to 1/1000th, say, then the size of the slit
that moves across will be 60f the width of the frame -- but the
left-hand side
of the film will "see" the image 1/60th of a second before the
right-hand side of the film; doesn't this mean that I'll get 1/60th of a
second of whatever motion there is "animated" across the frame?  (so if
I photograph a brick dropping fast enough, instead of getting it frozen
in the air, it'll
wind up slightly diagonal in the final image, say)  >>

Good visualization of the effect.  It is exactly what happens, except
instead of saying "diagonal" it would more correctly be "more elongated"
(in the plane the curtain is traveling) than in real life.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV