[OM] Courage

Subject: [OM] Courage
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 12:59:03 EDT
Sam,

I know the feeling.  I recently asked a co-worker if I could take some photos
of her (I think she's beautiful).  She said "Sure!", but I am still building
up courage to actually set a date to DO it.  I keep finding excuses (I need
an umbrella reflector, etc.).  I need to JUST DO IT!  And then see what if
anything I can learn from the resulting pics.  I've wanted to do some
portraits now for a long time, and now have both the 85/2 and 135/2.8.   I
think I'll just read thru everything I have on portraiture and give it a go
with the equipment and skills I have at hand.  What's to lose?

Exclusive contract aside, I'm thinking your Eve shouldn't be restricted from
your photographing her, as long as you don't try to sell any of the images.
She's working for an agency with some superstars (Kate Moss and Elle
McPherson!!!).  She just might be able to teach you a few things about how
they photograph her.  ASK!!!  Find the courage somehow!  Maybe "natural" pics
(without the fancy clothes and heavy makeup) would be a pleasant change of
pace for her, and easier for you (to breathe).

Rich