Re: [OM] OM camera repairs bayonet mount, other things.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM camera repairs bayonet mount, other things.
From: "johnsonpa" <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 22:10:16 -0500
>1. I am wondering if I need to replace the bayonet mount ring on the camera
>soon, and if it is an easy or DIY job.
Make sure the three screws on the bayonet mount are snug...don't break them!

>2. Can you still get a new/replacement top-plate for a black OM-1N?
Call Oly America at 1-800-622-6372 and go through the menus until you get to
the Parts Department.  Try to find the part number first, though.
Also contact eBay seller paulvt.  He was selling some top covers to various
bodies not too long ago.  He might have one.

>3. How does so much muck get behind the viewfinder eyelens of my OM-4Ti?
Not my department...but I'd like to know too!

>4. 16mm/3.5 fisheye lens and in general: this lens has a loose rubber
>focussing sleeve. I have heard of this before.
>How best to stick it back on?
I would use Pliobond or Hobscoe's Goo, i.e. contact cement...but I'm not
sure if this is the preferred technique

HTH,
--p.j.