Re: [OM] OM2S only does 1/60th, sort of?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2S only does 1/60th, sort of?
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 18:43:40 +1000
At 01:35 AM Tuesday 14/08/2001, you wrote:
 If I have the speed set to 1/1000th, say, then the size of the slit that
moves across will be 60f the width of the frame -- but the left-hand side
of the film will "see" the image 1/60th of a second before the right-hand
side of the film; doesn't this mean that I'll get 1/60th of a second of
whatever motion there is "animated" across the frame?  (so if I photograph a
brick dropping fast enough, instead of getting it frozen in the air, it'll
wind up slightly diagonal in the final image, say)

Yes.. in fact this can be used to test shutter speeds. By pointing the camera at a TV screen that has a vertical scanning beam you should see a diagonal scan with high shutter speeds.