Re: [OM] Motor Drive 1 (and 2) Pros & Cons

Subject: Re: [OM] Motor Drive 1 (and 2) Pros & Cons
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 18:57:17 +1000

 I haven't actually
handled or used either (I'm in the "learning/thinking-about" stages on
these), but would think the added weight alone (I know, heresy) of the MD2
would be an additional stabilizing factor.  It sounds as though mirror and
shutter shake are still the major movements to be controlled, regardless of
choice of MD or winder.

Hmm... the motor is actuated after a picture is taken. I can't see how the motor affects shake of the mirror or shutter etc. Maybe in a sequence shot?

For what its worth, I've owned two MD 2's and I love mine. I've never used the MD 1 but I have seen and handled one. This may be a controversial statement but the MD 2 looks better than the MD 1 that resembles a winder. Aesthetics may not be everyone's priority but I mean even a philistine can recognise the beauty of an Aston Martin DB7 versus a Ford Edsel.