Re: [OM] Astrophotography (Afterthoughts)

Subject: Re: [OM] Astrophotography (Afterthoughts)
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 10:18:32 +0100
Mark Hammons wrote:

> > Don't forget that this year is predicted to be the peak of the 33 year cycle
> > for the November Leonids. This year it may be possible to see a meteor
> > "storm" with rates up to 1000 per hour or more. It is an event not to be
> > missed. I will post links and more information as I get it.
> >
> > Mike V. <><
> >

> Supposedly calculations have been done and the earth will pass thru the
> densist part of a Leonid stream when the USA is in daylight.  Supposedly
> the best place to see this storm peak is Australia.

Wahey!  Guess where I'm going to be in November?  I am really looking
forward to that.  But the prediction for the peak needs only to be off
by a few hours for the States to get all the action and Australia to get
nothing.  Definitely worth taking a look outside on the night.  Some
info can be found here:
http://comets.amsmeteors.org/meteors/showers/leonids.html

Roger