[OM] Question about auto mode on Olympus cameras

Subject: [OM] Question about auto mode on Olympus cameras
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:58:17 -0700 (PDT)
I have a (probably dumb) question about what happens
on auto mode in Olympus cameras (and slr's in general
I guess). I know that in manual mode the speed you set
is the speed you get when taking pictures, but when a
camera has B to a 1/2000 speed shutter are all the
speeds represented or just the same speeds you can set
in manual? To put it another way say I'm taking a
picture on a bright sunny day and the auto speed bar
is between 60 and 125th sec. Will the shutter fire at
say 1/80th or 1/100th of a second or will it
automatically go to either 60 or 125?

Mark Lloyd