[OM] Request for Flash suggestion/education

Subject: [OM] Request for Flash suggestion/education
From: "Alan" <atk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Aug 2001 06:41:14 -0000
I've decided it is time to get a flash for my om-2sp and non-om cameras.
I'm reluctant to get an olympus flash because of the multi-camera usage -
however I'm unsure of the benefits/drawbacks of different flashes.

As I understand it there are three basic modes TTL (flash does everything
reading camera setting?), Auto (you tell flash the aperture and it uses
an onboard sensor to adjust the flash output), Manual you set everything.

With an OM-2sp if I put the flash on auto - wouldnt' the camera attempt to
shorten the exposure if too much light comes from the flash?

Are there cheap flashes (vivitar, ??) that will give me TTL operation on
all my cameras ?

I figure the flash would only get used 2 or 3 times a year so I rather not
spend a lot...

Thanks,
Alan