[OM] Unanswered questions

Subject: [OM] Unanswered questions
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 08:49:02 -0700
Just a reminder that someone catch the new comers questions.  I don't
think the one on the difference between a mirror (catadioptric) lens and
conventional telephoto (glass elements) lens was answered.  In a
nutshell, the mirror lens has a fixed aperture, is more compact, and
often has lower contrast.  The longer all glass telephotos have
selectable apertures, don't suffer from donut-shaped highlights and can
have much higher contrast levels.

Clive, good you see you picked up the infrared question!

Regarding what the OM Book project is.  It's whatever the editorial
board ends up making it.  Right now it's got a huge outline that covers
many things we can't find in print, or is incorrect/incomplete in
print.  It will also have a section on market values for all Olympus OM
System gear, incl. generic lenses and ephemera.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV