[OM] Giles, moderation & Chris O'Neill

Subject: [OM] Giles, moderation & Chris O'Neill
From: "Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:46:05 -0500
Chris,

Lemme be the first to say that I sincerely don't want you to leave.  I enjoy
your posts, your personality and the fact that you allow me to believe that
I'm still a Zuikohobbyist. <g>  I can understand and respect your reasons,
however.

In Giles' defense, this type of situation has never come up in the 4+ years
I've been on the list.  We have our little flame wars, but everyone
invariably comes to their senses, apologizes, and things move on as before.
Given that we're a community of adults here, the list is pretty much
self-moderating under normal circumstances and it rarely if ever needs
moderation.  He operates this list for nothing, and spends a lot of time and
energy keeping it running with rare thanks from the participants.

FWIW, were I in his place I'd let us listees fight it out amongst ourselves
as well.

Please consider staying, and ride this storm out with us!

Thanks,

Dave