Re: [OM] quick: B&W film recs.

Subject: Re: [OM] quick: B&W film recs.
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Aug 2001 12:00:57 -0700
On Wed, 15 August 2001, "johnsonpa" wrote:

> From Walt:
> <<<Plus-X.  Ignore all other suggestions.  :-)>>>
>
> From KN:
> <<<Oh, this one is TOO easy.  TRI-X or PAN-X.>>>
>
> Somehow I knew this would happen :-)
> At least you two are talking about the same manufacturer...but it's only
> been 5 minutes since I sent my original post!  Wait, I don't seen PAN-X at
> B&H.  Are Plus-X and PAN-X the same?  ....oh, more replies....Plus-X it is!
>
> From Dave:
> <<<I concur re the Tri-X.  Make sure it's souped in D76 1:1...>>>
> D76 1:1?  Whatever that means.  I'll deal with that when I get back!
>
> This stuff needs to be refrigerated, yes?
>
> Thanks to all!
> --p.j.

Refrigeration won't hurt, but it'll remain stable in heat much better than
color film.

And, since it seems the choice is Plus-X, not Tri-X, D-76 1:1 is okay, but
Rodinal 1:150 is better.  Years ago, and many Plus-X formulatons ago, we would
develop Plus-X halfway in D-76, then the rest of the way in DK-50.  There was a
certain magic in that combination.  We all seemed to have more time then.

Walt