Re: [OM] SIngapore OMers

Subject: Re: [OM] SIngapore OMers
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:55:59 +0100
Greetings Adi, and well done with your purchase in Prague!  I expect
that you will be addicts like most of us before too long. The
resident therapist is Chris O'Neill, but nice as he is, please don't
be fooled by his suggestions that you solve your Zuikoholic addiction
by sending your stuff to him for safekeeping :>).

I have never used a Leica, but I am very happy with the 2-4 screen in
my OM4 and OM2SP; it is beautifully bright and easy to use, even
though I need glasses for distance.  I don't use a brighter screen in
my OM1N since it would affect the meter... and I am happy with its
view.

Happy shooting in Singapore...

Chris
(UK, but I used to live in Lion City and went to school there (Tanglin Prep)).

This all changed on my recent trip to Europe 2 months ago. I
happened to be in in Prague when I saw a black OM2n and 50f1.8 in
the window of a camera shop. It was a beautiful sight and being that
the price was just under $200 US, it didn't take me long to decide.
From that moment on, my Leica M6 rarely saw the light of day. My OM2
performed beautifully all over Europe. With my consciousness
awakened, I kept looking out for lenses that would broaden my
options.

And upon returning home, I joined the OM list.
snip...