Re: [OM] Courage

Subject: Re: [OM] Courage
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 17:14:57 +0100
Nice try Paul :>).

I remember trying a bit of photography with some fellow "anoraks"
about 18 years ago.  Technically I suppose the photos were OK, given
that we had to share the same PC cable for the lighting, but the
creativity seemed to be lacking.  If the model had had more
experience, perhaps she could have provided us with posing ideas...
but the photographer is supposed to have the ideas.

Anyway, you won't know until you have tried, again and again, to make
people shots work.

Chris

It was the first time that I had actually been involved in that sort of
studio portrait type photography (not glamour stuff - yuk - all done in the
best possible taste) and was a bit apprehensive, as Sam seems to be now. As
it turned out things went pretty well.

FTW, my suggestion would be that if she, as I seem to remember, has already
expressed a willingness to be photographed (it seems a long time ago since
the original posting) then go for it. The fact that she is experienced will
help your photography and confidence, if my own experience is anything to go
by, and I ain't the best person in the world at dealing with people.

To me it seems too good an opportunity to miss.

Paul Reynolds (trying gamely to get this thread back on track)