Re: [OM] Under /overexposure again sorry

Subject: Re: [OM] Under /overexposure again sorry
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:28:04 +0200
: The situation is: a room to dark to take shot without flash, but I do
: not want the flash light beeing to strong. I want the flash to fire with
: less power than TTL want to. I want flash to underexposure
: I want to use flash in TTL mode. And the question is how  force the
: flash to underexposure. Normally i did it by increasing the film speed
value on
: the ASA dial ring. Is there any other method? (Camera in manual mode)

With the camera in manual mode, there's no TTL/OTF flash available unless
you have the OM-3Ti. You set the camera to Auto mode, the T flash in Auto
OTF mode ('full control by OM-2'), and use the exposure compensation dial on
the camera to reduce flash output. Changing the film speed setting has the
same effect but is easier forgotten to reset.

Alternatively, you can use Normal Auto mode (computer flash) on the flash,
with the camera manual 1/60 or slower, and select a smaller aperture on the
lens (higher F value) than the Auto F setting on the flash.

hnz