RE: [OM] Giles, moderation & Chris O'Neill

Subject: RE: [OM] Giles, moderation & Chris O'Neill
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 23:42:53 +0100
Chris,

What Rich said !!!

Don't go.

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From:   owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Doggre@xxxxxxx
Sent:   15 August 2001 20:57
To:     olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi again, Chris,

What Dave says.  Chris, you're enjoyed and appreciated on the list.  Your
silly sense of humor is SORELY needed by all, not just during frustrating
times, such as the past few hours, but on ANY given day.  You NEVER know
just
whose day you may brighten with a positive, funny post.

I don't want you to get a big head about this, fella, but sometimes you just
crack me up, and boy, do I ever need that, as often as possible.

I for one also truly appreciate your posting less than National Geographic
level "beginner" photos.  That refreshing honesty and self-deprecation
encourages me to take MY first steps in astrophotography, portraiture,
available light pics, etc..  I admire the heck out of that trait in you.
There's true COURAGE there.

As I recommended, take an astrological sabbatical, if necessary.  Like,
Skip,
Tom, and others who have had their fill of negativity (heck, I'm not sure
how
to spell that -- see, you're not alone) and threaten to leave from time to
time, YOU are one of the list "pillars", too.  Get used to it.  Like them,
take some time, then come back with some better star pics.

Rich (isn't a Zuikohobbiest just the MOST Zuiko of the hobbyists?)