RE: [OM] Tom Scales, watch your back.

Subject: RE: [OM] Tom Scales, watch your back.
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:51:26 -0600
>Is this guy Oben in disguise ? Certainly seems vitriolic enough !

 Well, looking at the headers of the message, we find:

>[...snip...]
>Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 23:00:58 +1000
>To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>From: Dave Degenerate <kissmyass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> [...]

 Make of the X-Sender line what you will, but it gives the impression of
being a mail client configured to attempt to spoof identity, but with
insufficient thoroughness on the part of the spoofer.

 -- dan  (of course, it could also be a third party setting their mailer up
to deliberately resemble a badly configured attempt to spoof things. I'll
leave it to those more expert in this sort of stuff to compare the rest of
the headers)