[OM] Perhaps time to make this a closed list? [OT]

Subject: [OM] Perhaps time to make this a closed list? [OT]
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:23:01 -0700
While I am a relative newcomer here having been here only a year and a
half or so, I have been a member of a very large international
automotive mail list (the Audi quattro list at www.audifans.com) for
many many years now and a few years back we had to close the list to
membership only and thus blocking posts from non registered e-mail
addresses. I would hope that this community is small enough to be self
policing but apparently due to an obnoxious few it may not be a bad idea
to consider registration, membership, etc. to keep the spam and stirring
of stuff to a minimum. The quattro list uses mailman software which
seems very good and makes the job for list owner semi painless.

There is too much good here to toss it all aside, but it is time to
"take back our list" and have good win over evil. This endless
backstabing, flame throwing, insulting crap really needs to stop. This
list is starting to not be such a fun place to be...

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com