[OM] B&W film

Subject: [OM] B&W film
From: Eric Pederson <epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:54:41 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "Sue -- actually Bill -- Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> results. I did get some Ilford FP4 at a really good price, about a year's
> supply, and it was good, but not as good as Plus-X. In d&d Xtol, it should
> be rated around 200, perhaps even 320 in some situations. This experience in
> with 120 film.

Wow that's a remarkably high EI for FP4. Was this a typo or could you tell
us how you came up with that value?  For normal contrast (sheet FP4+), I
use EI64 with Xtol and can't imagine how our measurements could be off by
a factor of 4x!

> Tri-X is a good film in large format, but I don't really like it in 35mm.
As you probably know, but others may not, Tri-X in 120 and sheet is a different
emulsion than the 35mm rolls which our Olympi require... I thought this
was not tru for FP4+.

Eric Pederson
epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (no "n" in "epederso")
Professional home page: