Re: [OM] OT: Pentax K-1000 lens suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Pentax K-1000 lens suggestions
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 19:43:10 +0000
Barry,
I believe Pent*x made a series of K-mount lenses labeled SMC. They are supposedly the better ones and came out with the ME and MX. You will also see "A" and "M" lenses. The "M" lenses are traditional K-mount for the K-1000 and its successors. The "A" ones have an "A" position on the aperture ring for use with either program or shutter priority bodies, such as the P3, much like the Can*n FD lenses for the AE-1P. These are also referred to as KA lenses.

Here's a starting point with a few reviews (scroll down), and some hyperlinks to other sites:
  http://ca.geocities.com/spirope/pentlens.html

-- John