Re: [OM] 18/3.5 & c-pol

Subject: Re: [OM] 18/3.5 & c-pol
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 03:28:22 +0200
I get some serious vignetting with my 24/2,8 and a circ polarizer from Vivitar (normal ~5mm thick.)
 Now, what do I do without spending a million bucks to get this gear going?

Henrik Dahl

All right you slackers!!!!
You want to talk about B&W film, but no one wants to answer my Zuiko
question....so here it is again:
Specifically (brand and name), which circular polarizing filters do not
vignette with the 18mm/3.5?
I checked the archives and the only filter that is sure to not vignette is
the Oly one.
Anybody want to sell one of these?
If not, then what about Tiffen, Hoya and/or B+W?  I know the thickness of
the Hoya is 5mm, but I can't get figures on the thickness of the Tiffen and
B+W thins.  Anybody out there care to measure the thickness of their Oly
72mm c-pol, Tiffen and/or B+W c-pol (thin only)?

Lastly, thanks to all who responded to my B&W film requests, both onlist and
offlist.  I'll keep my decision a secret, so as to not anger anyone.  There
is enough hostility on the list right now :-)

Thanks to all!
--p.j.