[OM] On Topic!

Subject: [OM] On Topic!
From: "Joe Scheese" <scheesjl@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 21:25:18 -0400
Giles, & fellow list members,

   For a little over 2 years I have been lurking in the wings of this list.
Reading and learning, where possible.  Taking advantage of the opportunity
to purchase a piece of equipment now and then.  To just use the list for
what I believe the list was intended.  I think this is only my third e-mail
to the list and the first where I have initiated the thread.  This is
because I'm still a beginner in photography and have much to learn.  I see
this list as one of the best places for me to learn.

   I have enjoyed seeing the results of Chris and his girl friend getting
into astrophotography, the thing that got me to OM equipment.  I tried my
shot at the TOPE macro.  I have conversed, with many, off list by e-mail.  I
see people like Charlie Packard keeping the tradition alive.

Unfortunately, I see many of the contributors leaving for all the wrong
reasons.  I see never ending battles for no real good reason.  Many on the
list have pointed out that this makes no sense and if we were all face to
face we would never act this way.  They are right!

Solution:  I would like to ask Giles or whomever to turn the list OFF for a
two week cooling off period.

Maybe if we all sat and thought about the great resource we have and that it
could be diminished by the loss of contributors, and actually felt the loss,
we might be more considerate of one another.  I do not want to see this list
suffer in anyway, from any person, for any reason.  I'm selfish.  I still
have much to learn.

Thanks,

Joe