Re: [OM] B&W film

Subject: Re: [OM] B&W film
From: John Pendley <jpendley@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 21:34:46 -0400

Well, most of us base our conclusions on inadequate testing of development times (according to your previous post). Who can trust anything we say? I would only add that metering technique is as important. Believe it or not, I've done both kinds of testing.
John

Wow that's a remarkably high EI for FP4. Was this a typo or could you tell
us how you came up with that value?  For normal contrast (sheet FP4+), I
use EI64 with Xtol and can't imagine how our measurements could be off by
a factor of 4x!

> Tri-X is a good film in large format, but I don't really like it in 35mm.
As you probably know, but others may not, Tri-X in 120 and sheet is a different
emulsion than the 35mm rolls which our Olympi require... I thought this
was not tru for FP4+.

Eric Pederson
epederso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (no "n" in "epederso")
Professional home page: