Re: [OM] OT Controls the List

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Controls the List
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 04:47:19 +0200
Winsor,
I don't agree it's " dozens of people flaming and insulting each other." A list like this is like a chain and, like someone already said, suffers from its weakest link. One person is able to start an avalanche that drags everyone down. IMHO it's mostly a matter of being prepared and strong enough to not fall into the abyss.
Best regards and long live the Oly list
Henrik Dahl

I do not pay much attention to the OT stuff on the list. It usually goes straight to the trash if it is labelled. As a result I have no idea why some people want to throw Oben off the list.

However it is sad to say that this wonderful list is going to hell in a handbasket because of the people who insist on maintaining off topic chat. Now there are dozens of people flaming and insulting each other on issues that are unrelated to the list. Many of these angry people are the same ones who insisted on maintaining off topic threads.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California