[OM] infrared amd OM's

Subject: [OM] infrared amd OM's
From: "Erwin Voogt" <photovoogt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 07:25:07 +0000
Hi,

I didn't read the digest for a few weeks, but Olaf and Hans advised me to have a look now .... !?!?!?!!!!!.... what a mess! I just skipped everything not related to OM... I probably missed all threads relating to the following mail, so maybe my answer is obsolete:

Brian wrote:

sorry for the tired question:  is it correct that are OM's NOT
suitable for infrared work due to a dimpled film pressure plate?
i thought i recalled this. tho the 50/1.8 sitting on my desk seems to have an extra red mark
@ f4 on the depth scale...

OM's are fine for IR photography but you have to take care:
- keep your camera in the (n)ever-ready case
- open the ER-case only to take a picture
- put your camera in a bag when not used
- store the IR-films *and* the loaded camera (when not used) in the
 refrigerator

I did take IR pictures in the bright sun without problems.
Big fun is IR flash:
http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/photovoogt/infrared.html

Hope this helps.

Bye,