Re: [OM] One evening in Seattle,WAS, USA area

Subject: Re: [OM] One evening in Seattle,WAS, USA area
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 04:02:09 EDT
In a message dated 8/15/01 6:18:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I have one evening to spend in the Seattle area. Any must photo nature
>  spots, or must see camera shops, galleries etc.?

Tough to see "must see" nature spots (the Woodland Park Zoo?  The University
of Washington Arboretum?) in the evening.  Camera shops, ditto.  Aside from
the chain stores in the malls (Ritz & Ken's), most close by 5 or 6 p.m..
Can't comment on galleries.  Don't know who/what's open in the evening.

By "Seattle area" if you could include Mt. Rainier National Park, that is a
"don't miss it" nature "spot"...  takes a whole day to even begin to see it,
though.  Half a day and you'll feel cheated.  Evening won't make it.

If you'll be "downtown", the waterfront is colorful and interesting in the
evening (in summer).  Good light, tourboats, ferries, cruise ships, good food
(from Ivars sidewalk fish & chips to fine inside dining), shopping, old
Melbourne street cars, horse-drawn carriages.  Also Pioneer Square
(historical district, with bars, eateries, galleries).  Early evening, Pike
Place Market.  Not exactly nature, but colorful, and Seattle's no. 1 tourist
attraction.

Gee, sorry I can't be more helpful.

Rich