RE: [OM] Request for Flash suggestion/education

Subject: RE: [OM] Request for Flash suggestion/education
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:11:42 +1000
PJ wrote:

> How can I do this with an OM-4 or 4T? (It wants to close the shutter and
> give me the 'under' signal.)

I believe if you break the connection betwen flash and camera for the "flash
ready" signal then the speed will NOT be set to 1/60.  This should give you
the same result as you get on the OM-2.  You should be able to insert some
insulating material between the flash foot and the shoe, but I'm not sure
which pin it is, you can verify this by having the flash charged and
checking the ready light in the viewfinder.

...Wayne