Re: [OM] How much film did you shoot? Was: OT Responses

Subject: Re: [OM] How much film did you shoot? Was: OT Responses
From: Paul Wallich <pw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 11:48:58 -0400
At 11:27 AM +0000 8/16/01, Dirk Wright wrote:

What is it with photofinishers these days? I took a roll of slide film
in to my local supermarket, which sends them to Kodak for development,
and they said it could take up to a week to get them back! Print film
only takes a day or so. I hate being the odd ball. I don't know of any
in-house developers in Fredericksburg yet, so I had not choice but to go
to the supermarket....

I've bitten the bullet and decided to just go with mailers to a&i. There's
one photofinisher where I am who sends stuff to qualex for 3-day turnaround
(but whose staff always seems positvely hostile) and two one-hour places that
do or send out for mediocre work, so I ordered a bunch of mailers from B&H
and made an end of it.

If you're traveling, or just lazy, they're useful to have on hand. (And if
I'm going to wait a week or so it might as well be good.)

paul  two rolls last week, one this week and counting

--
Paul Wallich                                            pw@xxxxxxxxx