Re: [OM] [OT] (sort of) Framing Advice and Supplies

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] (sort of) Framing Advice and Supplies
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:37:01 -0700
Since I simply do not have the space to do my own mounting and framing I
use a local framing shop. In an area of many artists there are many
framing shops for me to choose from. I worked out a wholesale deal with
the one I selected who happen to do really good work for the best price
(before my discount) I could find and they are only a couple blocks from
home. In addition to doing the whole job, they will custom cut foam core
and mats for me to do my own if I can't wait for them which takes a
bunch of the tedium out of the job. I normally use spray mount
adheasive.

For frames I normally use Nielsen (sp?) metal frames that I get locally
from an art supply store where they are always at 500ff.

I too use plexiglass as almost all framed prints are shipped off to
customers and I cringe at the thought of (packing) shipping glass. I do
like the idea of having the customer purchase their glass locally but
when a customer orders a framed enlargement they usually want it
finished off. Many just buy prints and have their local framing shop do
the whole job.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com