Re: [OM] Another Newbie Question!

Subject: Re: [OM] Another Newbie Question!
From: Dan <voseds@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:15:17 -0700
Thanks for the Info!  i have the OM10 and it has a lens with it  the 50/1.4 but
my ex sister in law dropped the thing and the lens is damaged. So i ordered a
50/1.8 last week to replace it..  the only other lens i have is a vivitar series
1 70-210/f3.5  so i wanted a "normal" lens for regular pictures...    thanks
again!

-Dan

Acer V wrote:

> 8/16/01 3:55:46 PM, Dan <voseds@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Hope y'all dont mind this one either... well ok more than one.
> >
> >what is so good about the zuiko 50/1.8 ?  what exactly is 1.8?  what is a
> >fstop?
> >and why should i care?  LOL..
>
> it's small, it's light, it's cheap, it's easy to find used, it's very sharp,
> and did i mention it's cheap and easy to find? f/1.8 is the maximum fstop
> (maximum as in diameter of the
> aperture, fstop being the ratio of the focal length/diameter of aperture--the
> smaller the number, the bigger the opening). should you care about them? i
> dont think at the
> moment, rather, you should more concentrate on taking photos :) just my
> opinion of course. i have that lens, luv it.
>
> /Acer "OM-1n"  V
> --
> dum spiro, spero
> note new email address & webpage location
> http://users2.ev1.net/~wesiddiquis/siddiq/

Have a Heart and Help Find a Cure For Cancer
Download this small program and run it
When you're not using your computer, or
As a Screen Saver.
Join The COUNTING CROWS NEWSGROUP'S TEAM
http://members.ud.com/services/teams/team.htm?id=D61282CC-A458-4978-B12B-7CAE2FF5A1E1