RE: [OM] Re: framing

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: framing
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:15:52 -0700
My Dad worked for GE when Lexan was first developed. They sent all the
engineers home one Friday with a ruby-colored Lexan bowl, about 6-8 inches
diameter, 3-4 inches deep and about 1/4 inch thick. Assignment: break it
before Monday. It took my dad (not small himself), two burly neighbors, a
LARGE, well-anchored industrial vise and a six-foot steel pipe extension on
the vise-handle to compress the bowl enough across the diameter to get it to
snap. Lexan is TOUGH stuff.

---
Scott Gomez