[OM] OM-1 MD with meterproblem

Subject: [OM] OM-1 MD with meterproblem
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 03:01:22 EDT

I've got a friend who actually would like trying to fix this camera, would
you be kind and say something about how hard it would be to fix the corroded
wires?
<<
I did not see anybody reply to this so...
If your friend can remove the camera top cover without damage, it is fairly
easy to check the meter wiring. With the OM1N be ***very*** careful when
putting back the top cover. Ii you have moved the on/off switch position you
are likely to break the pcboard switch when you put the cover back on. That
is : Do not apply any pressure to top plate, if it seems to resist going back
on.  Older OM1's have a semi sealed switch that survives miss assembly better.

The meter resistance is approximately 1.58kOhms out of circuit. You can test
it by identifying the meter lead (blue or sometimes black) and measuring the
resistance relative to the metal camera frame. The value should read lower
than 1.58k because of the shunt effect of the other resistors in the circuit.
The meter should also deflect, if it is functioning correctly when you apply
the ohmeter.

                  Regards,
                 Tim Hughes